Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pot holders for Grandparent’s day

You may or may of not have known that September 9th was Grandparent’s day. I did not know about it until the day before when I saw it on one of the blogs I read!

The girls have awesome grandparent’s so I knew that even though it was last minute, we still needed to do something to show how much we appreciate them. :)

I saw this idea on Pinterest. I would love to link to the person who came up with this idea, but there is no blog linked to the picture. If this is your idea, please let me know so that I can give credit where it is due!

Anyway, here is what we made..
grandparents gift pot holders

Sorry about the cell phone picture!

All I did was get a couple of pot holders from Dollar Tree. I already had the white paint. I painted the girls’ hands white and pressed them down once on each pot holder. After they dried, I added the year, “Helping hands” and their initials by their handprints. Easy peasy! And the Grandma’s loved them. :)

Did you make anything for Grandparent’s day? Or did you not know about it?

6 comments:

  1. What kind of paint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used acrylic paint. It costs about fifty cents at Walmart. :)

      Delete
  2. Did you use something to seal the paint on them? I'm afraid it's going to flake off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The acrylic paint didn't come off from the heat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kind of paint did you use for the writing? Mine didn't turn it too well

    ReplyDelete